Looking to cut cholesterol from you diet and still enjoy meaty morsels?
I have the perfect solution with my meatball recipe.
I could write a lot about the history of why I love meatballs, where I procure my ingredients, and the reason I make them just to have enough words for the search engines to pick up this blog post. That’s over 2,000 words if you wanted to know….
I could just give you the recipe. We are all busy here and we don’t have time for extra verbiage.
JUST SHOW ME THE RECIPE!
- 4 pounds of lean grass fed ground beef
- 1 1/2 cup of bread crumbs
- 1 cup of egg whites
- 2 Tablespoons of Dijon or Brown Mustard
- 1/2 cup of milk substitute
- 1/4 cup of 0% fat greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup of oregano
- 1 Tablespoon of onion powder
- 1 Tablespoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl
- Roll into 1 to 1 1/2 Tablespoon size balls
- Place the meatballs in rows on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 30 minutes until internal temperature is 165°F.
YOU CAN FREEZE THE MEATBALLS DIRECTLY ON THE BAKING SHEET FOR LATER USE.
- Allow them to cool, then place the baking sheet on a flat spot in your freezer.
- Wait until they are completely frozen (hard as little rocks) then store them in a freezer bag.
These make ahead meatballs are a time saver!